When flying with a pet, opting for a private jet charter means owners’ furry friends can travel by their side in the cabin – a much kinder alternative to being locked in a carrier or the cargo hold on a commercial flight.
VOLUXIS is one of UK’s most pet-friendly private jet operators, with a team of experts on-hand to ensure every animal enjoys a smooth flight. Here are our top tips for flying private with a pet:
- Make sure pets meet the legal requirements of the country they’re flying to. For instance:
- When flying between the UK and EU, pets must have an Animal Health Certificate (AHC) issued by a UK vet within 10 days of departure; or an EU Pet Passport. Pets travelling in either direction must also be micro-chipped and vaccinated against rabies, plus dogs must have had a tapeworm treatment.
- Pets travelling to the United States must be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned with a valid health certificate.
- Owners should book a check-up at the vets within 10 days of their flight, to ensure their pet is in good health and get advice on preparing them for the journey.
- In order to avoid toilet breaks whilst in the air, pets shouldn’t be given excessive amounts to eat and drink before flying. It’s also a good idea to exercise dogs before departure.
- During the flight, pets need to be safely secured for take-off, landing and during turbulence, so it might be useful to have a harness or crate on-hand.
- Pets should have access to plenty of food and fresh water after landing.
VOLUXIS is DEFRA-approved to fly pets into the following UK airports: London Biggin Hill, Blackpool, Bristol, Cambridge, Doncaster Sheffield, Edinburgh, Farnborough, Glasgow, Gloucestershire, Leeds Bradford, Liverpool John Lennon, Lydd, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Oxford, London Stansted and Manchester. There are no restrictions for flying pets out of UK airports.
Contact us now for more information about travelling with pets.
VOLUXIS is a worldwide AOC holder of over 40 years with a diverse fleet of Embraer, Dassault, Bombardier and Hawker aircraft available for private charter. In addition to private jet charter, VOLUXIS also offer aircraft management and aircraft charter sales and marketing services with offices at London Biggin Hill and Farnborough airports www.voluxis.com