An opportunity has presented itself for a Charter Sales Consultant to join our team based at Farnborough and on occasion visit our Biggin Hill office. Working in this role, you will be an integral part of the Business increasing our presence in the local market.
VOLUXIS a well-established VIP/ Corporate Jet AOC Operator. We offer a tailored service to our customers who may be travelling for business or leisure. We are looking for someone to join our team who is driven, highly ambitious however is focussed to deliver a service beyond expectation. This is a great opportunity to join a team who are passionate not only about aviation but the continued growth of our business.
To support our growing fleet, we are looking for a sales consultant to add to the sales team. Reporting to the Charter Sales Manager, the role will be to assist in ensuring that we utilise every sales opportunity to maximise our turnover and margin by making effective use of our resources to charter our fleet of aircraft. This will be achieved through working closely with our extensive portfolio of existing clients as well as introducing new clients to the company.
- Processing a high volume of incoming Charter requests in a timely manner by providing accurate pricing, with supporting contractual and operational information.
- Follow sales processes from initial enquiry to close by following up enquiries and progressing sales to a conclusion.
- Process charter bookings including producing contracts and entering booking and flight information into internal company systems.
- Consistently achieve sales and margin targets to increase revenue and yield.
- Build loyalty, and improve Voluxis’ reputation in the marketplace, develop brand awareness.
- Maintain and further develop relationships with existing clients and proactively seek new clients and prospects.
- Liaise with the Flight operations department to maximise aircraft and crew resources and to check operational feasibility.
- Completion of all pre-flight procedures, managing itinerary changes and acting as client liaison until conclusion of flight(s) with continual communication throughout.
- Proactive problem solving to manage client expectations in regard to aircraft technical issues, poor weather and other operational issues that may arise
- Ensure that all business is undertaken in accordance with the company’s H&S procedures and in accordance with company procedures.
- When required, to represent the company by attending relevant external events where clients and/or prospects will be in attendance.
- Work with the Chief Pilot and Cabin Manager to understand passenger feedback and improve our product and to give feedback to the customer.
- Desired previous experience in the private aviation industry
- Familiarity/working knowledge of all aspects of aircraft management
- Account management experience relating to private aviation clients
- Ability to work well within a specialist team
- Excellent communicator
- Highly organised – able to handle multiple, and on occasion, conflicting priorities
- Competitive salary
- Holiday entitlement which increases with length of service
- Promotion and career development opportunities
- Private healthcare & pension
How to apply:
Please send your current CV along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org