Types of personal information we may hold about you
Information we may hold about you may come from the following sources:
- Directly supplied by you on our websites;
- When accessing our services through applications on websites operated by other organisations;
- Gained from enquiries about our products and services;
- Provided by other companies who have your permission to share information about you;
- IP address, identification number, online identifier, location data and other similar identifying information required for your devices to communicate with websites and applications on the internet.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in the following ways and at all times subject to your express permission:
- For personalised content, products, services, tailored and personalised recommendations;
- To monitor, improve, develop and protect our content, products and services;
- Transfer data to our agents and business partners to ensure the highest standards across our brand and services;
- We may transfer your information to our data processors outside the European Economic Area with appropriate measures and controls in place to protect your information.
Fraud prevention and credit
- For credit referencing and fraud prevention by Group entities and by external companies for use in credit decisions;
- For fraud detection and debt recovery purposes;
- We may transfer your information to our data processors outside the European Economic Area with appropriate measures and controls in place to protect your information. This information will be shared in accordance with appropriate data protection laws, regulations and regulatory guidance. In all instances, we will take into account the nature of the information we are transferring, and the level of protection provided by those processors;
- If fraud is identified through false or inaccurate information, the details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information;
- Our Group entities and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when: checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities; managing credit and credit related accounts and facilities; recovering debt; checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance or other types of financial services; or checking details of job applications and employees;
- We and other trusted organisations may access and use information recorded by fraud prevention agencies globally;
- In the detection and prevention of fraud and other crimes; and for the purpose of safeguarding someone’s vital interests, national security, responding to statutory obligations or requests from the courts and enforcement authorities.
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements;
- To protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party;
- If applicable, the successors of our business may be privy to your information for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
Unless you’ve asked us not to:
- We’ll send you periodic newsletters and other information about content, products and services you have chosen or are entitled to receive;
- We’ll send you direct marketing. This may include communication by post, telephone, SMS or email, about us and our business partners’ content, products and services, events and special offers. Where applicable, this may continue for a reasonable time after you have ceased to be a customer of ours; and
- We’ll provide you with more relevant tailored advertising.
You have the right to request that Voluxis adjust, delete or block your processing data. If you wish to adjust what information we use or how we use it, you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note, we may need certain information to enable us to provide you with the products and services you ask for, so changes you make to your preferences or restrictions you ask us to make on how we use your data may affect what services we can provide. Voluxis takes your privacy and data protection seriously, if you are in any doubt as to the status of your data or do not feel comfortable with your preferences, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Marketing and tailored advertising
You can choose not to receive direct marketing or tailored advertising. You can adjust your preferences by contacting us at email@example.com. You can also click on the “unsubscribe” link to refrain from receiving marketing information from us.
Online behavioural advertising
If you have any queries, comments or complaints about this privacy notice, your data protection status, any information we hold or to request of copies of the information we hold about you, or to amend or transfer your records or data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to address letters to our registered office: Millbank House, 171 – 185 Ewell Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 6AP, United Kingdom
Please ensure you notify us of any updates, amendments and corrections to your information by contacting us online at email@example.com
If you wish to make a complaint about how we use your information, please contact our Data Protection Officer, in the first instance, and we will do our best to help. If you are still unhappy, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website: www.ico.org.uk
We will occasionally update this privacy notice. We will post a notice of any material changes on our website prior to implementing the changes, and, where appropriate, notify you using the contact details we hold for you for this purpose. We encourage you to periodically review this notice to be informed of how we use your information.
This Privacy and Cookies Notice was last updated in August 2016.